httpd fails after boot

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Fri Jul 24 00:09:01 UTC 2009

Mike -- EMAIL IGNORED wrote:

> I don't understand what you are suggesting.  If
> instead of "sounds" you write "scan", you might
> mean what I suggested earlier on this thread.
> I hoped there would be a better way. BTW, I need
> only the bash shell.
>
> Mike.

I can understand the confusion - I was interrupted in writing the
message, and the message flow suffered because of it. Let me try again.

If you put the variables you need in /etc/sysconfig/httpd, you could
then source that file anywhere else you need the same variables set.
If you just need it for one user, you could add something like this
to .bashrc. If you need it for all users, put it in /etc/profile.d
in a file <something>.sh (Taken from /etc/init.d/httpd).

if [ -f /etc/sysconfig/httpd ]; then
        . /etc/sysconfig/httpd
fi

Would that do what you want?