Re: httpd fails after boot

Mike -- EMAIL IGNORED wrote:

> I could source it any place bash commands work.  However
> as far as I know, I could not do it in httpd.config .
> Please let me know if there is a way to do this.

I don't know of a way. Aren't the formats different? I guess you
could write a script to convert between them to keep things in sync.
Maybe a file in /etc/httpd/config.d?

> But I could do it in /etc/init.d/httpd .  I suppose that
> there I source /etc/bashrc or /root/.bashrc .  I have no
> problem modifying /etc/init.d/httpd .  I keep my changes
> backed up and anything an update does is examined
> carefully.  I had to change it anyway to change - 85 15 to
> 35 85 15 .  The working day is now ending at -0400.
> Tomorrow I will try to source /root/.bashrc .  I wonder
> what problems I'll generate.

Well, /etc/init.d/httpd already sources /etc/sysconfig/httpd if
there is one. I would think it would be better to source
/etc/sysconfig/httpd in /root/.bashrc rather then sourcing
/root/.bashrc in /etc/init.d/httpd .

Mikkel