[Slightly OT] Re: Ranter or evangelist?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Jul 24 04:34:17 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-07-24 at 10:24 +0500, gilpel at altern.org wrote:

> (1) BTW, the only "Karl 1.2" on this list is the allusion made by Tim.
> http://www.google.ca/search?q=%22karl+1.2%22&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
> When I'm told I have a model, I'd really appreciate to know who he is.
> Please give the reference!
----
the Karl reference was to Karl Larsen - you can go back perhaps a year
or a year and a half ago and search the archives. I think in general, it
is the notion of wanting to endlessly argue about immaterial things and
generally consider what is good for Karl is good for everyone else.

There are only a few here who are concerned with market share of Linux.
Fedora is not really a good distro for newbies. Most Linux developers
don't really care whether people continue to use the proprietary OS's
with the sole exception that it is really hard to buy a computer without
paying for a pre-installed copy of Windows.

To put an end to my participation on this thread...if you decide that it
is your mission to proselytize on behalf of Linux - great, do it
elsewhere. Everyone on this list already uses Linux. It takes a
extremely arrogant, ignorant jerk to decide in advance what everyone
else should be using...hence the Karl reference.

Craig

believed to be clean.