Re: will we ever have radeon drivers that aren't crap?

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 00:14:55 +0100,
  Marko Vojinovic <vvmarko gmail com> wrote:
> The situation is really sad --- ATI claim to support open source, yet they
> release the code only for obsolete cards. Intel cards are open source, but

Actually they do release code and specs for newer cards. The free drivers
just haven't caught up yet with the latest chip sets.

> that still doesn't mean that bugs get fixed, and the driver is extremely
> unstable. This leaves us with nVidia --- yum install akmod-nvidia and
> everything Just Works. Yes, it's closed source, but it works, contrary to both
I have some hand me down nVidia cards and they don't work just fine with
the proprietary driver.