[Slightly OT] Re: Ranter or evangelist?

gilpel at altern.org gilpel at altern.org
Fri Jul 24 07:31:50 UTC 2009

> On Fri, 2009-07-24 at 10:24 +0500, gilpel at altern.org wrote:
>
>> (1) BTW, the only "Karl 1.2" on this list is the allusion made by Tim.
>> http://www.google.ca/search?q=%22karl+1.2%22&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
>> When I'm told I have a model, I'd really appreciate to know who he is.
>> Please give the reference!
> ----
> the Karl reference was to Karl Larsen - you can go back perhaps a year
> or a year and a half ago and search the archives. I think in general, it
> is the notion of wanting to endlessly argue about immaterial things and
> generally consider what is good for Karl is good for everyone else.

So, Karl Larson said that immetrial things like having a CD/DVD burner
that doesn't work in a final release was a bad idea? I suppose that having
to reselect what you want to copy in klipper for 4-5 years looks very
immaterial to you. Then, why don't you correct Peter Gordon when he says
that: "1% of this is 12.4 million people. That's more than the populations
of most large cities and heck, even of many smaller countries!"

Why don't you tell him that it's completely immaterial to have 12.4
million people having to go back to teh clipboard for years because silly
programmers allow for years that "New File" enter the clipboard?

I have absolutely no doubt that, in a year or two from now you will still
denigrate me without giving any relevant link to the code of what I say
like you do for Karl Larsen. That's the way all intent to contest the way
things that leads Linux to having only 1% market share is muted.

> There are only a few here who are concerned with market share of Linux.
> Fedora is not really a good distro for newbies.

I would bet that Ubuntu has pretty much all bugs I have noted until now"
So, I can't see what's the difference.

Fedora is not really a good distro for newbies... or anybody not wishing
to make Brasero burn and the clipboards working properly, you say? Then
who are final releases for?

One thing is sure, if I was Apple I'd luv to have somebody like you on
Linux mailing lists.

Now buzz off, just as you previously said you would.