will we ever have radeon drivers that aren't crap?

Terry Barnaby terry1 at beam.ltd.uk
Fri Jul 24 08:25:27 UTC 2009

I would like to add my voice to the plea for ATI graphics board drivers
that work. After n years using Linux, it seems that in the past 5 years
standards have been dropping fast. For me the F11 release is the worst
yet. Far to many serious bugs and problems for something called a
major distribution. Far to frontier for my tastes with to much style
over function.

After that rant, does anyone know if the latest kernel/DRM/XOrg code
from git repositories is better than the current releases in F11 ?
I have been hoping for updated packages, but nothing has appeared so
far ...

Terry