Re: Can I have a 64-bit kernel with 32-bit userland ?

> On 07/24/2009 12:53 AM, Roberto Ragusa wrote:
>> john wendel wrote:
>>> Anyone have a simple recipe for building a Fedora system with a 64-bit
>>> kernel and only 32-bit applications?

> I tried it, using the kernel from my F10 64-bit system on a F11 32-bit
> box. No luck. I suspect that the initial ramdisk was the problem.

Ok, I haven't tried this but I think my first attempt would be to install
a 64-bit system with a bare minimum of packages.  Then install all the
userland applications from the 32-bit repos.
--
*       Stephen Berg       *
*  sberg mississippi com   *