When will we ever have an upgrade with sound that just works ?

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Fri Jul 24 17:50:13 UTC 2009

Craig White wrote:
> All software has bugs. Some bugs are worse than others. I have heard
> many reports of problems with variations of the Intel motherboard audio
> so I think you are not unique.

Part of the problem is that the Intel sound chips are too
configurable. If you do not have the correct configuration for the
way yours are connected, you are going to have problems. If your
motherboard isn't one that the developers know the configuration of,
you usually end up having to experiment a bit to get it to work.

Mikkel