Increase DVD Volume

I am not sure this is the best list for this post. But, I thought I
would start here. If no answers, maybe someone could direct me
elsewhere.

When I make a DVD backup with, say K9copy, and play it on my comercical
DVD player hooked to a relitively cheap digital tv, the sound is not
sufficient to overcome the noise of my exercise equipment - even wearing
a headset. So, Is it possible to separate the audio track amplify it and
recombine it for a new DVD? If so, how?

Mike