pulseaudio breaks after update today - at least you HAD sound !

jack craig jackc at linuxlighthouse.com
Fri Jul 24 21:10:18 UTC 2009

On 07/24/2009 09:28 AM, Linuxguy123 wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-07-23 at 14:13 -0700, jack craig wrote:
>
>> Hi Fedora list,
>>
>> today i did an update and am left with, ...
>>

> At least you HAD sound.  I haven't had sound since I upgraded to F11,
> even though it worked fine in F10.
>
> Sound now *almost* works on my computer.  I actually got output from
> system-config-soundcard last night.  Though I still didn't have any
> system sounds nor any output from amarok.  Sound is again totally broken
> after my reboot this morning though.
>
> I can't tell you how frustrating this has been.

I'd suggest that having it and losing it is worse than never having had
it! :)

its  a bit weird, after the F10->F11 update, audio was breaking up and i
starting pulling down stuff needed to build mplayer.
after i got all the pkgs i could find, i rebuilt mplayer and it worked
for audio just fine until  the recent update broke it.
i had to use SDL, not alsa. now both are broke...

after a bit of play, i am seeing the cpu go ballistic and the pulseaudio
telling the kernel to shut down, next i hope to learn why...

i'll post what i find...

--
    jack craig
       jackc at LinuxLightHouse.com