F11 Sound without PulseAudio ?

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 24 23:06:19 UTC 2009

> While I accept the fact the PA  does indeed
> "work", my problem with it
> is
>
> that the PA daemon was consuming upt 35% of my CPU!
>
> I do not care how "well" PA worked as far as
> producing sound.
>
> I DO care when it eats 35% of my CPU!!
>
> I happily killed the PA daemon and have never been sorry I
> did so.
>
> I do not understand why it is enabled by default.

Because other people know better and push a program because of the many things that will improve user experience, several programs can access the sound device(s) with no complications (ideal, but real world and user experiences vary here).  While I have had no killer problems with PA :) [Other than I have to restart machine or log out/login again to get sound back], if I were in your shoes I would do the same :)

No need to worry, let it be there, just kill the daemon :) and keep doing what you need to do :)

Regards,

Antonio