F12 networkmanager, anyone else worried by this?

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang.rupprecht+gnus200907 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 23:13:55 UTC 2009

Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com> writes:
> ... and NM simply has no way (which works) to bring up an interface
> at boot instead of when a user logs in.

This seems to have been fixed in F11.  My laptops no longer sit around
off-net after a reboot until I get around to logging in on the console.
The option for bringing up a network at boot time is called "share
network connection" or something to that effect.  Why it isn't something
more obvious such as "bring this nework up at boot time", I have no
idea.

(I agree w. all the rest, BTW.  There are too many out of control
developers trying to leave their mark on Linux in the same way that a
dog tries to leave its mark on a fire hydrant.)

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht              Android 1.5 (Cupcake) and Fedora-11