e2fsck -y wipe all my data

Hi

I have a HD connected as USB device and cause for electrical problems in my home, my disk go off unexpectedly more than one time some weeks ago, a few days ago I can't mount neither of my linux partitions on that disk.

Always I get this error: org.freedesktop.DeviceKit.Disks.Error.Failed: Error mounting: mount exited with exit code 32: mount: Stale NFS file handle

I run an e2fsck -y /dev/sdb6 (one of the partition) and after the command finished I mount the partition and... the partition is like a new linux partition, all my data is lost. Under Nautilus/Properties filesystem type is shown as ext3/ext4 and under Gparted filesystem is shown as ext2.

Any idea why is this? Or how can I restore all the data pre existing in that partition?

Greetings