Re: What the hell are these dirs?

On Friday 24 July 2009 08:50 PM, g wrote:
Suvayu Ali wrote:
On Friday 24 July 2009 08:03 PM, Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:

I'm assuming the dirs are full of thousands of files.  So, how do I get
rid of them?
Those are most probably cached files which never got deleted after you
closed your browser. rm -f should take care of it.

if user is in directory "/home/ranbir/.cache/gnome-mplayer/plugin' and he is
looking at *directories*, he has to use 'rm -fR *' to remove subdirectories
and their content.

see 'man rm'.

Oops! missed that -R.

--