Fedora 11 - re-mount a usb drive

FlatBall no-reply-gw at fcp.surfsite.org
Sat Jul 25 09:26:23 UTC 2009

I am running Fedora 11 on an old IBM Desktop box. Running as a server (NO GUI). When I mount a usb drive with the command:

mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt/usb

The drive mounts up just fine. (It took me forever to figure out that sda1 didn't work on this box.) The problem comes if I umount it and take the drive out of the usb port. After plugging it back in, the mount command no longer works. It barks about specifying the file system, and when I specify the file system, it says that there is no device there. If I restart the server (a bit extreme to mount a usb drive) it works fine.

Thanks in advance for any help!

https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=359833&topic_id=73862&forum=10#forumpost359833
If you think, this is spam, please report this to webmaster at fcp.surfsite.org and/or blame FlatBallFlyer at iDiscGolf.net.