[Slightly OT] Re: Ranter or evangelist?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat Jul 25 12:58:56 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 12:21:26 -0500,
  "Mikkel L. Ellertson" <mikkel at infinity-ltd.com> wrote:

> Even that is not a sure measure. How many people are using user
> agent switchers to fool sites about what browser they are using?

At home I don't supply one when using firefox. (I used to have a patched
lynx, but don't anymore so when I use lynx or wget I supply a real one.)
At work we have an app that incorrectly rejects http(s) connections with
a missing user agent. So at work I usually have it set to be one that
Google uses. When I use that app from home, I usually write a note
complaining about the brokenness, as a temporary useragent header.
So there's at least one.