Re: httpd fails after boot

On Thu, 2009-07-23 at 17:00 +0000, Mike -- EMAIL IGNORED wrote:
> Where do the environment variables /etc/bashrc get set?

If I look at /etc/bashrc, it says:

# /etc/bashrc

# System wide functions and aliases
# Environment stuff goes in /etc/profile

Then, if I look in /etc/profile, it says:

# System wide environment and startup programs, for login setup
# Functions and aliases go in /etc/bashrc

So, I'd try there (/etc/profile) for system variables.  But, noting that
those files are for BASH, or could be used by anything else that wants
to work like BASH, I wouldn't expect them to be useful for everything
else.

The easiest solution would seem to be putting your variables in some
additional file, and importing it into your HTTPD configuration, and
importing it whatever else wanted those variables.

--
[tim localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.