Suddenly I can't play audio CDs in F11.

I can mount data CDs and play DVDs when inserted but when I insert an
audio CD no icon appears on the Desktop and no audio playing occurs.

I checked the previous messages on this problem and the last one said:
Dumb question, you did check the state of the option to play audio CDs
when inserted, right? Under preferences?

Well I can find no such option under System->Preferences.
Where is it or is there some other resolution of the problem. This used
to work.
brokee, n: Someone who buys stocks on the advice of a broker.