Re: F11: kill -9 doesn't work

On 07/25/2009 09:03 PM, Tom Horsley wrote:
On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 20:57:14 +0100
Terry Barnaby wrote:

In my eyes as an old Unix
developer standards are slipping ...

I dunno. Perhaps the oldest code in Unix is the code that
generates corefile, and you've never been able to kill -9
that once a process starts coredumping multiple gigabytes
over a slow NFS link. I wish they'd put a check in there :-).

At least that would finish eventually and the system
would continue running :)