Re: Printing bold tex, Fedora 11, HP LJ

On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 14:52:36 -0700
Geoffrey Leach wrote:

> Does anyone
> have a solution for printing bold text (HP LJ 1300, if that matters)?

Is this just for sending a plain text file to the printer (not
printing from OO or somethng like that?).

I always used to use a2ps to format plain test to postscript and
select the fonts I wanted, but when I saw it needed to download
about a gazillion meg of dependencies, I switched to using enscript
for formatting plain text to print. I generally use

enscript -f Courier-Bold10

to get reasonable looking plain text printouts. You can't do as
much fancy formatting with enscript as a2ps, but at least it
produces readable text.