Problem with new Samsung HM121hc disc

Hi All,

Sorry to bother you all again....

I just bought a 120GB Samsung HM121HC disc, and cannot get it to 'work'. I tried puting it in an external box , plug it in, can feel motor is spinning. But nothing comes up. Qparted & Gparted do not see an external device. the KDE Info says a Mass Storage Device is atached to a usb port. lsusb shows me the name of the maker of the housing.....

Anyone any ideas how to check that what I have is compatible with my system before I ship it back? (purcahsed in the UK whilst visiting, now back in Austria.....)

As ever, all suggestions greatfully received!

Dave

(Fwdora 11 KDE, on a Toshiba Equium A60-692)