Problem with new Samsung HM121hc disc

DB Freddog_de at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jul 25 23:10:00 UTC 2009

Hi All,

Sorry to bother you all again....

I just bought a 120GB Samsung HM121HC disc, and cannot get it to
'work'.  I tried puting it in an external box , plug it in, can feel
motor is spinning.  But nothing comes up.  Qparted & Gparted do not see
an external device.  the KDE Info says a Mass Storage Device is atached
to a usb port.  lsusb shows me the name of the maker of the housing.....

Anyone any ideas how to check that what I have is compatible with my
system before I ship it back? (purcahsed in the UK whilst visiting, now
back in Austria.....)

As ever, all suggestions greatfully received!

Dave

(Fwdora 11 KDE, on a Toshiba Equium A60-692)