Re: Why Fedora is for experts only?

On Saturday 25 July 2009 08:34 AM, David Boles wrote:

(K)Ubuntu has its place. They are distribution for the 'install it and
forget it' crowd. They do all the setups and configuration and all of
the nanny hand holding. This 'install it and forget it' crowd then sits
in front of the monitor and 'surfs the web'. They play their mp3s. They
watch their videos.

These users, the 'install it and forget it' crowd, are the ones that
show up on this list with the 'this is crap!!!!!!!!' and 'my stuff
don't' work!!!!!" rants and whines. Notice the excessive punctuation.  :-)

*ubuntu is not that install and forget if you want to do something serious. I use Fedora 11 at home and Xubuntu 8.04 for work, and every time I try out something not conventional Fedora works flawlessly whereas Xubuntu fails big time. I hate it, but the management at our lab prefers that.

Just my 2 cents.

--
Suvayu