From the top... how do I get sound working in F11 ?

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Sun Jul 26 00:29:56 UTC 2009

Bill Davidsen wrote:

> Four of six had simple output to the laptop speakers work after install,
> the two  desktops had two channel from the sound card, no setting I've
> found will enable the other speakers from any source, even on hardware
> which had 5.1 with Windows and FC6.

You may want to look at:
http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/FAQ#Troubleshooting

I have a surround sound card, but PulseAudio uses just the front
speakers!

    Many people have a surround card, but have speakers for just two
channels, so PulseAudio can't really default to a surround setup. To
enable all the channels, edit /etc/pulse/daemon.conf: uncomment the
default-sample-channels line (i.e. remove the semicolon from the
beginning of the line) and set the value to 6 if you have a 5.1
setup, or 8 if you have 7.1 setup etc. After doing the edit, restart
pulseaudio.

Mikkel