Why Fedora is for experts only?

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Sun Jul 26 00:47:12 UTC 2009

gilpel at altern.org wrote:
> R. G. Newbury wrote:
>> >  Even better are the stupid messes where there is NO default setting to
>> >  change. Google 'kstartupconfig4 error 3' No-one, and I mean no-one knows
>> >  what causes this, or how to fix it.
>
> It seems somebody at the Fedora Forum had the same problem and solved it:
>
> http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=YxD&num=100&q=%22kstartupconfig%22+%22error+3%22+solved&btnG=Search&meta=lr%3Dlang_en|lang_fr
>
> http://minilien.com/?s9wh5OnNYI
>
> You might also want to try without the "Solved" keyword. There are more
> results and sometimes people forget to add "Solved".
>
>> >  It is the lack of documentation which makes Fedora (and Mandriva, and
>> >  Ubuntu) an OS for experts only.....
>
> It could indeed be better but geeks will always come up with the right
> keyworks and show you the solution was there, somewhere.
>
> It's easier to find the right keywords when you know the solution :)

I wasn't searching using "Solved" and the only keyword 'kstartupconfig4'

And *that* answer does not work. My home dir was already 'user:user'.
I have also confirmed the chcon context is now
'unconfined_u:object_r:user_home_dir_t:s0' for /home/user

And it doesn't work! Still get the error and no login.

Geoff