gnome-volume-control channel levels

I have removed all i386 packages from my F10 x86-64 system,

$ rpm -qa | grep i386

and now the gnome-volume-control doesn't remember the channel levels
upon reboot. :-)

Particularly the system boots with the Front channel volume set to zero
each time. I am now trying to figure out why this funny behavior and how
to fix it. Any clue? :-)

Thx.
--
Misha Shnurapet

  °v°   I ♥ Linux
 /(_)\  Download the free operating system here:
  ^ ^   http://fedoraproject.org