F11 + XFCE stability vs F10 + Gnome?

People,

I upgraded from F10 + Gnome to F11 + XFCE and found that I am getting fairly frequent screen lockups which require a remote shutdown and at least on one occasion required a power reset. I am having heat problems though so I am not sure if the problems are related to the upgrade or deteriorating hardware. Does anyone know of stability problems with XFCE?

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades