Fedora repositories

John Mellor john.mellor at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 14:31:17 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-07-26 at 09:40 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 07/26/2009 09:39 AM, Joe Klemmer wrote:
> > Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> >
> >> Fedora doesn't enable them because they aren't in the upstream kernel
> >> (not counting the staging tree)
> >>
> >> RPM Fusion repository has the kernel modules.
> >>
> >> # yum install kmod-rt2860 or kmod-rt2870
> >
> >     Is there a list of all the available repositories that are available
> > for Fedora?  Something relatively comprehensive in one place would be a
> > fantastic help.
>
> What you usually need is RPM Fusion and Livna. There is a fairly
> comprehensive listing at
>
> http://rpmfusion.org/FedoraThirdPartyRepos
>
> Rahul

That's a pretty good summary.  Why is this page not referenced anywhere
that I can find on the Fedora Website?

If a newbie wants to find extras, they would go to the Fedora website,
and not one of the sites that you need to see this page in order to get
to.  As a longtime Fedora user, I still did not know about a large
number of the referenced sites, and I would not even think of going to
one of these third-party sites to find the list.  It is inherently
obvious that this is information that should be on the main Fedora site.

Or is this another on of those stupid "We have to abide by U.S.
Regulations" things that are just plain wrong for an international
project?