Fedora repositories

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Sun Jul 26 16:46:47 UTC 2009

On Sun, 26 Jul 2009, John Mellor wrote:

>> What you usually need is RPM Fusion and Livna. There is a fairly
>> comprehensive listing at
>>
>> http://rpmfusion.org/FedoraThirdPartyRepos
>
> That's a pretty good summary.

 	It is, though it should include the Cooperative Bug Isolation
Project (CBI) < http://www.cs.wisc.edu/cbi/ > and their config rpm -
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/cbi/downloads/rpm/fedora-11-i386/RPMS.tools/cbi-package-config-11-10.i586.rpm

> Why is this page not referenced anywhere that I can find on the Fedora
> Website?

 	It would be good to have this referenced somewhere that would be
easy to find.  At least fedorafaq.org could have it on there somewhere.

> Or is this another on of those stupid "We have to abide by U.S.
> Regulations" things that are just plain wrong for an international
> project?

 	That's not as black and white an issue as you might think.  Until
there is a universal global legal system that everyone on the planet will
abide by the prevailing laws of each country will have a significant
impact on any project accessible to anyone within or from that country.

 	You think it sucks, I think it sucks, just about everyone in this
community thinks it sucks.  But the ones with the power and money don't
give a $#it what we think.

Joe

--
Using Linux since 11/91         |         http://www.linux.org