Re: Disk performance in phoronix

On 07/27/2009 01:39 AM, jochen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just read the extremely poor result of Fedora in the Phoronix test suite.
> In particular, the disk performance results are very bad. (See
> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=distro_four_way&num=4 )
>
> Are there any explanations?

They are using development snapshots of these distributions and the
performance of those will vary on a daily basis with snapshots of
development kernels, the specific debugging options enabled etc. Hard to
say without more specific details (such as kernel versions) and whether
it was reproducible etc.

Rahul