USB-printer sharing

Hiisi very-cool at rambler.ru
Sun Jul 26 20:45:51 UTC 2009

Dear Fedora folks!
I'm trying to setup home server using F11 desktop. The computer has 3
Ethernet devices (1 integrated on motherboard and 2 additional in
PCI-slots). It's connected to the Internet via eth0 and shares network
for Windows laptop on eth1 using NAT. This part works grate. Currently
I'm trying to share HP DeskJet-3650 USB printer, connected to the main
desktop. I installed and started samba and tuned printer through
CUPS-gui at http://localhost:631. Then I installed network printer from
laptop's WinXP-gui as http://<F11desktopIP>:631/printers/deskjet-3600
There wasn't exactly my printer model, so I choose HP DeskJet driver
without any specific model. The problem is: I can't print from Windows
machine. CUPS error log says:
E [27/Jul/2009:00:17:51 +0400] Missing printer-uri, job-uri, or ppd-name
attribute!
E [27/Jul/2009:00:17:51 +0400] Returning IPP client-error-bad-request
for windows-ext (no URI) from <laptop' IP>
What's wrong with it? I can't understand/google the error. Any help
would be appreciated.
Here's some additional information:
conf-files are really long, so I put them on a web-hosting.
/etc/cups/cupsd.conf can be found here: http://kello.ru/tmp/cupsd.conf
And here's /etc/samba/smb.conf: http://kello.ru/tmp/smb.conf
Do you need any additional information? Thanks in advance!
--
Hiisi.