Re: [Slightly OT] Re: Ranter or evangelist?

On 07/27/2009 04:34 AM, gilpel altern org wrote:

> They use git, which is not really a bugzilla, but bugs do get fixed before
> release.

Git is a source code management system and not a bug tracker. You are
confusing things.

> You are absolutely right. THE problem is the SRC using the WMV format and
> Microsoft servers with all their shenanigans.

I didn't say using wmv was the problem although if they had included it
in a open format - Ogg, Firefox 3.5 in Fedora 11 would have played it
out of the box.

Totem plays wmv files just fine. You need the gstreamer plugins -
gstreamer-plugins-ugly and gstreamer-ffmpeg included in RPM Fusion but
not Fedora due to software patents.

Rahul

Ps: Keep your mails short and to the point.