[Slightly OT] Re: Ranter or evangelist?

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Mon Jul 27 01:57:23 UTC 2009

gilpel at altern.org wrote:
> Ed Greshko wrote:
>

>> I think the OP is looking to have someone verify his findings.  So,
>> consider the problem verified.
>>

> Lord! Thank you so much?
>

>> Now, the Question becomes is does the OP want to file the bugzilla or
>> allow someone else to do it for him.
>>

> I can't file the bugzilla. If I do, developers will point out all the
> shenanigans involved in getting from asx to mwv, pretend that it's a Linux
> users scare away technique used by Microsoft -- and they'd be right about
> this -- and I'm completely lost in those matters.

????

Me thinks you have already "thrown in the towel" and have used the
"Sarah Palin" excuse.  (Meaning, I have no idea what you are talking about.)

If you see a problem...and you think it should be fixed....then file a
bugzilla and don't dream up barriers to getting something fixed.
> So, if you want to fill the bug report, I certainly have no problem with
> this. Give us the URL of the bug report so we can see how it evolves.

Pardon me?  You want me to file a bugzilla for a problem you found...and
you then want me to give you the URL of the bug report so you can see
how it evolves?

Either you care about it...or you don't care about it.  If you care
about it....you should care enough to do the work yourself.

FWIW, I did find another issue with totem for which I will file a
bugzilla....

I have a file Rain.wmv which is....

[egreshko at misty ~]$ file Rain.wmv
Rain.wmv: Microsoft ASF

On F11 vlc will play this file in the noted time... 1:48 while totem
sort of plays it....  It zips through the file in about 12 seconds.
Sadly, I'm running this on a vbox system and don't have sound so I don't
know what happens to it.  But, if vlc displays correctly then so should
totem.

Ed

--
Virus transmitted from computer to sysadmins.
Mei-Mei.Greshko at greshko.com http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=cCSz_koUhSg