Why Fedora is for experts only?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Jul 27 02:57:42 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-07-27 at 02:05 +0500, gilpel at altern.org wrote:
> So far, Fedora is the one that worked best for me. I'm sure, with a 3
> page list of do and don't, most Windows users could get it running.
> The question is "Would they go through a 3 page list?" Knowing that
> there will be a whole lot more to get accustomed to, wouldn't they
> wonder why things aren't done right without the do and don't?

And we've all be wondering why Windows doesn't "just work" for the last
decade, or so...  And why it needs all those megabytes of help files,
and a website full of, often useless and function-breaking, solutions.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.