Re: [Slightly OT] Re: Ranter or evangelist?

Frank Murphy wrote:
> On 27/07/09 09:12, Ed Greshko wrote:
>

>> That is "interesting"....but do you consider is significant in any way?
>
> Yes, I always thought Moonlight was required.
I see...

>> I mean this in light of....
>>
>> Everything works fine on RHELv4 with mplayer and its plugins.
>
> Then is RHEL including *forbidden* codecs?
They are not....  But maybe I do add them on....  :-)

>> It doesn't work with F11 and totem with gstreamer* installed.
>>

> No forbidden items?

gstreamer* means included "bad" and "ugly" from rpmfusion.

FWIW, totem does play wmv files in my environment.  It just doesn't play
them at the website noted.  It will play wmv files in firefox if I
address them as file:///home/.....

So, I've not invested time to find another site with a player that is
providing that type of content to see if it may just be a website
specific issue.

Ed

(Starting to wonder if a new thread isn't a bad idea.....)

--
"For I perceive that behind this seemingly unrelated sequence of events,
there lurks a singular, sinister attitude of mind." "Whose?" "MINE!