Three kinds of packages

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Mon Jul 27 12:43:16 UTC 2009

Once upon a time, Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com> said:
> Save it for some politics group, anyone who doesn't think scanning phone
> conversations and email without warrant and torture are okay should go to
> alt.fan.rush-limbaugh. This is not the place.

You are the one that brought the political crap up here (and you can
stick Rush Limbaugh where the sun don't shine as far as I'm concerned).

> This has been discussed on the LKML, please read there. The last opinion I
> saw of any authority said that using header files did not make it a derived
> work. Please discuss that elsewhere.

Again, you brought it up here.  There's more than header files involved
in some of these things.  People treat use of header files or linking as
the line between derived and not derived, but it isn't as clear cut as
that (ask a lawyer).

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>