Re: acer one

Craig White wrote:
On Sat, 2009-07-25 at 10:59 +0200, roland wrote:
On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 01:43:52 +0200, Mikkel L. Ellertson <mikkel infinity-ltd com> wrote:

roland wrote:
I tried to do this, but he complains saying the stick is not bootable
so I should use /sbin/parted
Parted only allows to make a ext2 filesystem.
How should I do this. Why does it work out of the box with you guys?

First of all, parted will make many other file systems besides ext2.
From the man page:

mkfs partition fs-type
  Make  a  filesystem  fs-type on partition. fs-type can be
  one of "fat16", "fat32", "ext2", "linux-swap", or "reiserfs".

But I believe what they are asking you to do is make sure the boot
flag is set on the partition.

what should be the capacity of the stick?
----
I've been able to get live-iso to work with a 4 Gb USB key disk (even
with the DVD)

You can get there with 4GB, but IIRC there was little/no room for a swap partition. Also no need on any machine I used, but not all machines have large memory.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>