Re: eth0 alias issue

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
T. Howell-Cintron wrote:
When I disable NetworkManager and enable /etc/rc.d/init.d/network
everything works as expected.  Because this is a headless server I'm not
sure what the repercussions of reverting from NM to the old 'network'
script but as long as it works I'm not going to complain.

There shouldn't be any. You may run into problems on some future
release, but you should get warning about it in the release notes.

I hope you don't imply that NM would be the only network management allowed. Bad enough that the default network control is crippled, please don't talk away our crutch. There is still a need for machine which function without a user logged in, and which are determinant in behavior on boot and recovery from suspend and hibernate.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>