Re: Option to select desktop

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 8:39 AM, stan<gryt2 q com> wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 10:23:44 +0530
> RAMAKISHOREBABU KOPPULA <rkbabu koppula gmail com> wrote:
>
>> Thank you for the reply. I have installed 'switchdesk' package and
>> also created the /etc/sysconfig.desktop file, but it not working.
>>
>> What should I do next?
>
> Provide more information.
>
> What version of Fedora are you running? 10, 11, ??
>
> Which desktop environments have you installed?  Gnome, KDE, XFCE, ??
>
> What is your default login? Gnome, KDE, XFCE, ??
>
> Did you install clean or upgrade to your current version?
>
> Was it from a LiveCD, DVD, network, etc.?
>
> Anything else you think is relevant.  i.e. any manually changed
> configuration files, outside packages, etc.
>
> The above will mainly establish whether you have any alternatives.
>
> I probably won't be able to help, but with the information someone else
> might be able to see what is wrong.

The Gnome Desktop Manager (GDM) used to present a button (Session)
that was visible on the login screen. With F11 the button is now
hidden until a user name is clicked. Click a user name or "other" and
a desktop configuration menu should appear at the bottom of the
screen. Clicking on the "Gnome" portion of "Sessions: Gnome" should
present a pop-up list of the installed desktops.

By the way, the new configuration menu is poorly implemented.
"Language", "Keyboard", and "Sessions:" are all scrunched up on the
800x600 default setting of my display. Some things don't get better
with time. Please go back to the old GDM look and feel of F8.