Re: cdrkit isoinfo and iso-info

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
On 07/25/2009 05:07 AM, Antonio Olivares wrote:

http://cdrecord.berlios.de/private/linux-dist.html

Who is right? Can both sides be right?

The cdrecord maintainer makes many such claims but fails to provide
references. That is very suspect. He tried to do the same thing in
Fedora Legal as well. His claims were discarded.

Antonio seems to have clearly identified the GPL paragraphs which are not followed, IANAL but I don't think there's a option to "discard" complaints. I confess I never really looked at that part of the GPL before, but it seems to say what Antonio says it does.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-legal-list/2009-July/msg00000.html

In any case RH has decided that they can ignore this rather than stop using the name and resolve it.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>