Upgrade

Jussi Lehtola jussilehtola at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jul 27 21:12:14 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-07-27 at 16:13 -0400, Mick Cagney wrote:
> I have finally managed to install Fedora Core 2 onto a system, after several
> failed attempts at getting the Live version of fedora 10 to boot. Other than
> ver 2 there is nothing on this system, it is a brand new HDD. Now it¹ll go
> online so am I better installing ver 11 or upgrading, and how should I go
> about it.

Install Fedora 11. There's *no point* in trying to upgrade a clean
install.

(A reinstall is faster since packages don't have to be removed, plus you
don't have to deal with any upgrade pain. And you would be looking at
least the upgrades 2 -> 4 -> 6 -> 8 -> 10 -> 11, i.e. three intermediary
stages that have been EOL'd a long time ago.)
--
Jussi Lehtola
Fedora Project Contributor
jussilehtola at fedoraproject.org