Re: Status of a 2.6.30 kernel ? Other sources for a 2.6.30 kernel.

davide wrote:
Linuxguy123 <linuxguy123 <at> gmail.com> writes:

Its been suggested that the root issue with the Intel/ Pulseaudio sound
problem has been addressed in the 2.6.30 kernels.

Does anyone know when a 2.6.30 kernel will be released ?  Is there a
prebuilt 2.6.30 kernel in an unstable, testing or development repository
somewhere ? If so, how would I easily install it using yum ?

look into the koji website. You'll find a .30 package and also a .src.rpm if you
want to recompile it yourself.
The procedure is simple and you can look for it into the wiki.
(but I've to say, I tried once with no success :-))

I don't see a .30 kernel on rawhide, or in updates-testing for FC10, the jump may be waiting on confirmation of this:
  http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/07/18/0136224
although GCC would seem broken if it really generates the code claimed, initializing a variable does not prevent it from being NULL. I'm unsere if this is a problem, but it might be held back until checked.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>