Autofs issues in F11

Todd Denniston Todd.Denniston at tsb.cranrdte.navy.mil
Tue Jul 28 12:16:09 UTC 2009

Joseph L. Casale wrote, On 07/24/2009 12:15 AM:
>> suggestion
>> # cat /etc/auto.music
>> music   -rw,hard,intr,rsize=8192,wsize=8192  10.0.0.4:/Music
>
> I tried this and -rw,hard,intr with no luck. Must not be my day,
> I turned to a couple rhel boxes and set up simple examples right
> out of man and they aren't working either?
>
> Bah, time for bed...
> Thanks!
> jlc

Joseph,
In case you still have not gotten where you want to be.
An assumption I made in my earlier reply was that the problem was in the
options, not necessarily in other portions of the system.

A common problem with today's distributions is that we try to make them
secure, i.e., add firewalls and do random port allocations, all of which is
good, but it means things are not as simple as they once were (in soooo many
ways).
Things to think about:
1) does
`mount -orw,hard,intr 10.0.0.4:/Music /mnt`
work?
2) does (1) work if you `service iptables stop` on the server?
3) does (1) work if you `service iptables stop` on the client?
4) does (1) work if you `service iptables stop` on the both server & client?

if you have to resort to (2), (3) or (4) then you need to look at how to
configure NFS to work with the firewall(s).
suggested starting point:
http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/docs/DOC-3259

--
Todd Denniston