Q about alsamixer:CD

Mike Wright mike.wright at mailinator.com
Tue Jul 28 16:39:54 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I too have been struggling with sound but am making some progress.  One
question that remains after years of fedora:

   In the alsamixer applet one of the available input controls available
under preferences is CD.

My CD has *always* been controlled by the PCM input control.  I've
connected the separate cable from the drive to the motherboard with no
effect.  (It seems that the audio cable is useless, too?)

So here's the 50cent question.  Just what does the CD input control?

Inquiring minds want to know ;/

:m)