flash problems with Fedora 11 23-bit

Hugh Caley hughc at aldon.com
Tue Jul 28 23:38:16 UTC 2009

I have now also removed pulseaudio (just that RPM, plus a few others
that yum wanted to remove because of dependencies) and, tentatively, it
seems to have fixed the rest of my problems, such as ridiculous and
continuous CPU abuse and the problem with videos not playing unless the
mouse pointer was in motion above them.

Also, with Pulse removed, sound is going through the SiS hardware again
but it seems to work without problems now.

It seems like alsa is taking care of audio mixing for me, and the
various alsa mixers seem to work, although they aren't nicely integrated
into the gnome desktop.

The only problem left is that trying to fullscreen the videos crashes
firefox.  Compiz zoom seems to work fine though.

Hugh

--
Hugh Caley, Linux Administrator
Aldon Computer Group