Thunderbird-3.0b3 doesn't close cleanly on Fedora 11

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Wed Jul 29 09:36:45 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 28 July 2009 21:29:50 John Thompson wrote:
> I just updated to Fedora 11 and got TB-3.0b3 in the package. It works,
> but when I close the program it immediately pegs one of the cpu cores at
> 100% and stays that way until I manually kill the thunderbird process.
> It even does this in "safe-mode" so I don't think it's an extension issue.
>
> Anyone else see this, or have a fix/work-around?

Yes, both with Thunderbird and Firefox  on my netbook.  Even worse, closing
Thunderbird let it running and, apparently, an instance of Firefox that I had
not started.  I had to kill both.  Very strange.  The good news is that a
recent update seems to have got rid of the Firefox oddity.  The bad news is
that Thunderbird still isn't closing down properly.

Even stranger.  This laptop and that netbook run
thunderbird-3.0-2.3.beta2.fc11.i586 yet the problem doesn't occur on this
laptop.

Anne