[Fwd: Re: Huawei E1692 is not recognized]

antonio montagnani antonio.montagnani at alice.it
Wed Jul 29 14:30:58 UTC 2009

antonio montagnani ha scritto / said the following    il giorno/on
29/07/2009 12:01:

> Peteris Krisjanis ha scritto / said the following il giorno/on
> 29/07/2009 11:27:
>> Hi Antonio!
>>
>> Answer is simple - you need usb_modeswitch utility to switch USB
>> device to modem. I use this modem for my laptop - and it works
>> beatifully. Just need to run usb_modeswitch everytime I plug it in.
>> Which is a bummer.
>>
>> Follow instructions here
>> http://www.ahmedsoliman.com/2009/07/12/etisalat-usb-modem-on-fedora-11/
>> and of course put your modem's USB id strings where needed.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Peter.

> Tnx to show me the right direction...
> Need some additional help: when I issue:
> usb_modeswitch
>
> I get :
>
> * usb_modeswitch: tool for controlling "flip flop" mode USB devices
> * Version 0.9.6 (C) Josua Dietze 2009
> * Works with libusb 0.1.12 and probably other versions
>
> Looking for target devices
> No target device found
> Looking for default devices
> Found default devices (1)
> Prepare switching, accessing latest device
> Looking for active default driver to detach it
> OK, driver found ("usb-storage")
> OK, Driver "usb-storage" successfully detached
> Setting up communication with device
> Error: no MessageEndpoint given. Can't send message. Aborting
>
> I added the following lines to the the conf file
>
> # Huawei E1692
> DefaultVendor= 0x12d1
> DefaultProduct= 0x1446
>
> TargetVendor= 0x12d1
> TargetProduct= 0x140c
>
> MessageContent="55534243000000000000000000000011060000000000000000000000000000"
>

> CheckSuccess=5
>
> Where is my mistake???

I added MessageEndpoint=0x01 to previous lines and now modem is
recognized!!! but in Fedora GSM connection doesn't show up in Nm
applet!!! and it can be started only if automatic connection is choosen.
Anyway I cannot choose: make it vailable to all users....
any hint????

--
Antonio M
Mob.+393386586046
SIP: antoniomontag at talk.fedoraproject.org

Mail by Thunderbird 3.0 Websurfing by Firefox 3.0
Linux Fedora F11 (Leonidas) on Acer 5720
Linux user number 362582

www.campingmonterosa.com
www.roburtennissaronno.com