[Totally OT] Fedora is over - Hannah-Montana-Linux Rules

Sharpe, Sam J sam.sharpe+lists.redhat at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 21:41:49 UTC 2009

2009/7/29 g <geleem at bellsouth.net>:
> Craig White wrote:
>
>> Knowing how the Disney people operate, I would presume that their
>> licensing letter/cease and desist has already been generated by their
>> legal team.
>
> i would have thought so too, but being that it is here;
>
>  http://hannahmontana.sourceforge.net/Site/Home.html
>
> something is not kosher.

I really hope Disney don't get all  legal on this. The key to
capturing a market (especially in children) is finding a new take on
something popular that already appeals to them. If this effort gets
just one or two more members of the fairer sex hooked on Linux in
their teens, then in about 10 years we might have a bit more balance
in the Community - that can only be a good thing! (no offense to all
you old dudes here ;o)

--
Sam