Huawei E1692 is not recognized

antonio montagnani antonio.montagnani at alice.it
Wed Jul 29 21:53:00 UTC 2009

antonio montagnani ha scritto / said the following    il giorno/on
29/07/2009 15:45:
> Rick Jones ha scritto / said the following  il giorno/on 29/07/2009 14:52:
>> --On Wednesday, July 29, 2009 12:01:32 +0200 antonio montagnani
>> <antonio.montagnani at alice.it> wrote:
>> >
>> > Tnx to show me the right direction...
>> > Need some additional help: when I issue:
>> > usb_modeswitch

>> > I added the following lines to the the conf file
>> >
>> > # Huawei E1692
>> > DefaultVendor= 0x12d1
>> > DefaultProduct= 0x1446
>> >
>> > TargetVendor= 0x12d1
>> > TargetProduct= 0x140c
>> >

>> MessageContent="55534243000000000000000000000011060000000000000000000000000000"
>>

>> > CheckSuccess=5
>> >
>> > Where is my mistake???
>>
>> Before you run usb_modeswitch, does the device show up as a CD drive or
>> storage device?
>>
>> If so then ejecting or unmounting should also switch it into modem mode.
>>
>> If it doesn't show up, then do you get anything in lsusb at this stage?
>> It should be listed as 12d1:1446. If you don't see it in lsusb before
>> doing anything to it, then it's just not working at all. Maybe try
>> another USB port.
>>
>> HTH, Rick

> Rick,
>
> latest updates are that after adding lines to usb_modeswitch.conf file,
> dongle is recognized, and I can create a connection, but....such a
> conncetion doesn't show up in available connections in the applet (I
> guess that it should be below the wireless connection...) therefore I
> can start it only if I use the automatic connection option...
> No way of selecting available to all users connection
> tnx for help
I have same problem also when I set up an ADSL connection: it doesn't
show up and cannot be made available to all users..any help???

--
Antonio M
Mob.+393386586046
SIP: antoniomontag at talk.fedoraproject.org

Mail by Thunderbird 3.0 Websurfing by Firefox 3.0
Linux Fedora F11 (Leonidas) on Acer 5720
Linux user number 362582

www.campingmonterosa.com
www.roburtennissaronno.com