Re: FC11 Freezes at udev on boot (SOLVED)

On 07/29/2009 10:56 AM, Mick M. wrote:
ya it hangs on udev for several minutes ... may be 3 to 4
min. and then
boots ok. But it happened after getting update ,

do you have any idea/tweak  to solve it ??..... or it
is just a BUG ?

It did this to me too. (F11x64)
Turns out my BIOS thought I had a floppy drive.
I set it none/disabled and now it boots normally again.

This did not happen before the update.

Mick M

Yhee.... My problem is solved now .... there was some problem with my DVD burner ( I'm using IBM Thinkpad R51) when I disconnect the DVD burner system does not seem to be freeze, now again I've attached it to my laptop everything is fine ..... I think DVD burner was not attached/connected properly

Thnx for your support

Regards T.c.