FC11 Freezes at udev on boot (SOLVED)

Jatin K ssh.fedora at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 05:11:05 UTC 2009

On 07/29/2009 10:38 PM, john wendel wrote:
> On 07/29/2009 08:42 AM, Tony Nelson wrote:

>>> I've tried it .. ( old kernel ) but the thing remains same, after
>>> that I reinstalled FC11 from DVD, problem was solved.. then again I
>>> get the update from fedora ...  (I see the icon at panel, telling
>>> that new updates are available ), now again I'm facing the same
>>> problem !!!! :-( . so I think that there are some update which causes
>>> the trouble
>>
>> Well, you're narrowing it down:  it's not the kernel.  Try booting
>> without "rhgb" and "quiet", by getting to the Grub menu as above, and
>> using Append ("a") to get to the kernel command line, and Backspace to
>> delete those options (arrow keys to skip over stuff not to delete).
>> You might see something informative when booting pauses.  Also, the
>> Boot Log is back, sort of, in /var/log/boot.log.  It may not show
>> anything from the proper time, though, as it covers service startup and
>> not what happens in the initrd "init" nash script (which I just learned
>> about).
>>

> Nothing interesting on the console when booting. Nothing interesting
> in the logs either.
>
> Regards,
>
> John

Yhee....   My problem is solved now ....  there was some problem with
my DVD burner ( I'm using IBM Thinkpad R51)
when I disconnect the DVD burner system does not seem to be freeze, now
again I've attached it to my laptop everything is fine .....  I think
DVD burner was not attached/connected properly

Thnx for your support

Regards T.c.